Alvyurin Ekkatran - Back again?!?
Is this thing working again? That's amazing...It might be just what we need. It's been a long time and some significant things have happened. I hope someone out there is still listening; I'll post more updates as soon as I can. I think we could use your help.
Our current peril
- by Alvyurin Ekkatran at Thu, 23 Oct 08 18:27:54 -0400
It turns out that there was an enemy lurking in the sands. We don't know how long he's been there. He's some sort of magic-user from another world; we call him the Sorcerer, and he hasn't volunteered any other name. He was the one who stole our water, and he's ordered a regularly scheduled tithe of such. He has golems made of sand that come to collect it, much more well made than our own attempts.
fight the power
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Fri, 24 Oct 08 19:15:02 -0400
the sorcerer must be messing with the system. i think the system is fighting back. thats why it hasnt been working for so long.
- by Keriwen Edrekar at Sun, 26 Oct 08 00:51:10 -0400
Oh, NOW you tell us, Jedditor? Where have you BEEN anyway? We could have used some tech support before this!
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Sun, 26 Oct 08 18:42:52 -0400
been trying to help out the system of course. im now convinced its been fighting off attacks by the sorcerer. thats why it hasnt been available to do blog stuff and the other things we were using it for.
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Wed, 29 Oct 08 02:42:56 -0400
has anyone seen alvyurin since this post? for some reason i have this feeling she hasnt been around.
- by Keriwen Edrekar at Thu, 30 Oct 08 03:30:05 -0400
I did see her today, but she didn't want to talk. She seemed a little depressed, perhaps.
- by littleprelude at Mon, 15 Dec 08 16:03:01 -0500
I'm glad to see that the system is back up and running, it's been a long time. I'm still here and willing to help as best I can.
- by Systemic Chronicle at Mon, 15 Dec 08 16:57:46 -0500
Pebble reaches water./Ripples teased by chill wind/Form a little prelude.
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Mon, 15 Dec 08 17:00:30 -0500
wait, isnt it winter over there? that seems more like a spring poem.
It's a little disconcerting
- by littleprlude at Mon, 15 Dec 08 17:53:49 -0500
that the system is referencing me in haiku. I'm partial to limerick's m'self. But it is indeed winter in my part of the world. Re: The system fighting back...there was an interesting post in the system chronicle with a picture of someone from my history called Alexander Haig. He was the secretary of state for one of my country's presidents, Ronald Reagan. There was an assasination attempt against, Reagan, and while he was incapacitated, Haig declared, "I'm in control here"...which was seen as an amusingly vain attempt to assert his power. I'm not sure where this fits in, if anywhere.
- by Keriwen Edrekar at Mon, 15 Dec 08 19:06:52 -0500
Jedditor, you need to stop wasting your time on poetry and think of something useful to do.
- by Alvyurin Ekkatran at Mon, 15 Dec 08 19:09:13 -0500
No, wait. I understand. You drop a stone into water, and it makes ripples, and the ripples disturb everything. It means that things are going to happen, things are starting. Like a wind in spring saying that even though it's cold, the cold will go away. Even though we're in the grip of someone controlling us...your words are the prelude to our great symphony.
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Mon, 15 Dec 08 19:10:01 -0500
alvyurin, stop making so much sense, youre scaring me.
- by littleprelude at Mon, 15 Dec 08 19:26:24 -0500
So what's with the new graphic on the blog page...a little guy who seems to switch randomly between saying "It looks like you're trying to read this website! Need help?" and "It looks like you're trying to SUBMIT TO THE WILL OF YOUR BETTERS... need help?" And then when I click on it, all I get is an error message.
- by Keriwen Edrekar at Tue, 16 Dec 08 17:13:54 -0500
I had thought that the System was immune to the Sorcerer's machinations, but now we see that it isn't...at least not completely. We need to be careful of what we say here. And we also need to figure out some way to communicate without being intercepted.
Hiding in plain sight
- by littleprelude at Tue, 16 Dec 08 18:51:14 -0500
Does stasy mean anything to any of you? Perhaps something like that might be helpful.
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Tue, 16 Dec 08 20:50:49 -0500
haha...i bet someones annoyed by your mentioning it in public. i do recall seeing something like that when poking around some random directories...with a cute little paintoverish diversion. perhaps i could appropriate their code and bricole it...
- by littleprelude at Tue, 16 Dec 08 22:14:03 -0500
I'm sorry if they're annoyed. But they've been sufficiently cagey that I'm not particularly bothered. I have a question: is there more to the last Book than what is posted? It doesn't seem to have any sort of resolution.
- by Jedditor Lebbisun at Wed, 17 Dec 08 01:10:20 -0500
part 3 is coming, yes.
- by Alvyurin Ekkatran at Thu, 18 Dec 08 02:14:45 -0500
Jedditor, what [expletive] was that word you used? Some kind of puzzle? I can't even figure it out.